As the name suggests, analytical lab instruments are tools and equipment that have wide application in scientific and clinical laboratories for the analysis and characterization of samples.
What Samples Are Characterized By Analytical Lab Instruments?
The Analytical Lab Instruments manufactured by the prominent Analytical Lab Instruments Manufacturers help researchers and engineers to analyze the following range of samples:
- Chemical Compounds: To determine composition, purity, and chemical properties.
- Biological Samples: Such as blood, tissues, and DNA for medical diagnostics and research.
- Environmental Samples: Including water, air, and soil for pollution and contamination analysis.
- Pharmaceutical Products: For quality control and compliance with health regulations.
- Food and Beverage Products: Essential for the analysis of nutritional content, contaminants, and quality.
Understanding The Common Analytical Lab Instruments
Now, to analyze these samples, a wide variety of equipment is supplied by Analytical Lab Instruments Suppliers. Here are the most common analytical lab instruments by Atico Export, the one analytical lab equipment manufacturer and supplier that brings the perfect equipment for varied applications:
Purpose: These analyzers determine the moisture content in a sample through a process known as thermogravimetric analysis. They measure the weight of a sample before and after drying, thus calculating the moisture content based on the weight loss.
Applications: The moisture analyzers are essential for ensuring manufactured product’s quality, consistency, and shelf life, especially in industries where moisture levels are critical to the product’s characteristics or compliance with regulations. These industries are:
- Food Industry
- Chemical Industry
- Environmental Testing
- Construction Materials
Purpose: It measures the density and relative density of liquids and solids. It determines the mass per unit volume of a sample. Density meters are widely used in industries where the precise measurement of density is critical to the product’s characteristics, safety, and regulatory compliance.
- Quality Control: Density meters ensure the correct density of substances in chemical products for safety and efficacy.
- Process Monitoring: It also helps monitor the density of chemicals during production processes.
- Product Classification: It gives the grade and quality of petroleum products.
- Compliance Testing: Ensuring petroleum products meet industry standards.
- Quality Assurance: Checking the density of pharmaceutical liquids and solids for consistency and concentration.
- Research and Development: Used in the formulation of new pharmaceutical products.
Food and Beverage Industry
- Concentration Analysis: It measures the density of beverages like alcohol, soft drinks, and dairy products.
- Quality Control: Ensuring consistency and quality of food products.
- Water Analysis: It measures the density of water and wastewater for environmental monitoring.
- Pollution Control: It helps to assess the density of pollutants in water and soil.
- Research and Development: Characterizing new materials and their properties.
- Quality Assurance: Ensures materials meet the specific density requirements for their intended use.
Purpose: it measures the refractive index of a substance, which is a measure of how much light is bent or refracted when it passes through the substance. This measurement provides information about the substance’s composition, purity, or concentration.
Food and Beverage Industry
Here are some examples of its applications in Food & Beverage Industry
- Sugar Content in Fruits and Beverages: Measures Brix value, which tells about the sugar concentration in fruit juices, wine, soft drinks, and other beverages.
- Honey Quality: Determines the sugar content and purity of honey.
Clinical and Medical Applications
It assesses the following:
- Blood Protein Levels in blood serum.
- Urine specific gravity for medical diagnostics.
- Concentration of Chemical Solutions
- Quality Control by Checking the purity and consistency of chemical products.
- It measures the concentration of sulfuric acid in lead-acid batteries.
- It helps to check the concentration of coolant in vehicle radiators.
Marine and Aquaculture:
- It has a wide usage in monitoring saltwater concentration in aquariums and marine research.
Titrators play a vital role in the titration process. Titration is the process of chemical analysis that determines the concentration of a dissolved substance, known as the analyte, in a solution. Analytical lab equipment suppliers supply the following kinds of titrators to various industries:
Types of Titrators
- Potentiometric Titrators
- Karl Fischer Titrators
- Automatic Titrators
- Burette-based Titrators
- Checks the concentration and purity of pharmaceutical ingredients
- It plays a vital role in developing new drug formulations.
Food and Beverage Industry:
- This industry uses it to analyze acidity levels in food and beverages, like wine or juice.
- It also helps to determine the concentrations of vitamins and minerals.
- Various chemical industries use it to measure reactive ingredients in chemical manufacturing.
- In creating and testing new chemical products.
- For great accuracy of water quality analysis it helps to assess pollution levels and chemical contaminants in water.
- Soil Analysis is done with Titrators that determine the nutrient or contaminant levels in soil.
Besides this, some more commonly used Analytical Lab Equipment supplied and exported by analytical lab equipment exporters and suppliers are:
- Gas Chromatograph (GC)
- High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Atomic Absorption Spectrometer
- UV-Vis Spectrophotometer
- Fourier-Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Flame Photometer
- pH Meter
- Karl Fischer Titrator
Share with Analytical Lab Equipment Suppliers the scope of research of your lab experiments. They shall help you select the best equipment that matches ideally to your lab’s scope of operations.